Thursday, April 5, 2012

Getaway

Coach and I recently enjoyed a 5 day/4 night getaway to San Francisco!
I haven't told you the best part--just the TWO of us!
And though we enjoyed the absence of the diaper bag and avoiding the kid's menu at all restaurants, we were anxious to return home to our boys!
They had an absolute blast while we were gone and barely knew we were gone!
However, we were greeted at the door with smiles and LOTS of hugs and kisses.
It was definitely a sweet homecoming.

A friend once shared this quote with me and I am often reminded of it as we raise our family,
"The days are long, but the years are short."

4 comments:

Beth said...

So glad you had a getaway!

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

So cute! Oh my goodness how I can relate to that quote! Love you!
Mal

Kathy Tonagel said...

I love that quote... that can be your family theme!

Erica and Nate said...

How fun!! Great trip to go on before you have three little ones! I love that quote!