Friday, February 10, 2012

For Love of the Game

A few funny basketball Jace-isms lately...

Jace: "Dad, I'm sure glad the Wildcats won tonight!"
Greg: "Me too, buddy. Me too."
Jace: "Yeah, they played tough. They played gooooood defense!"
Jace is extremely competitive.
Either that or just is extremely spoiled and used to getting his way.
I'm guessing the latter.
When we play basketball he wants me to give the play-by-play.
Example- "Jace Tonagel dribbles up the court. He shoots... ahh and misses. He gets his own rebound and puts it up again and he... SCORES!"
If Greg or I steal the ball and score he throws quite the tizzy and usually says something like this...
"Mom, Dad, I don't like the Wildcats! I hope they lose!"
Ouch!
Greg took Jace recruiting. When he walked in the door that night, he exclaimed-
"Mom, Mom! I had fun 'cuiting with Daddy! It's my favorite thing to do in the whole wide world. Yeah, I love 'cuiting!"
Most kids learn to potty train with the help of M & M's.
Ours is being potty trained with bribes of basketball games and threats of taking away his precious basketball.
Oy!

Happy Friday to ya!

2 comments:

a tonagel said...

I bet mommy loves it when Greg takes Jace "cuiting" too! :) One less kiddo is always good!

Jill and Darren said...

Were you thinking of anyone specific who gets bribed with M&Ms? A little Maryland girl perhaps?