Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cabin Feva!

I was ready for spring when December 26th rolled around this year.
Never in my life have I been so ready for the outdoors (even during this mild winter)!
I've been doing my darndest to keep the boys active, busy, and ready to take naps when 1 pm rolls around!
Trust me, it's best for all of us!
Here's what we've been up to lately...
Lot's of trips to the YMCA. AMAZING place for families.
We swim, play ball, take lessons in various sports, exercise, and the best part--child care!
Great things for adults and kiddos.
When we're home, we try and be creative (and creativity is NOT this mama's specialty)!
We've done art projects, cooked, played lots of basketball games in the basement, been creative with cardboard boxes, had car races, went "diving" off the bed into a pool of pillows and much more!
I'm tired just thinking about it!
These boys have ENDLESS amounts of energy.
Wish I did!
SO here is Jace enjoying some homemade oatmeal cookies.
They were A-MAZING.
Especially with some cold milk for dipping.
A cookie isn't really a cookie when it has oatmeal in it, right?
Sounds like a healthy snack to me!
Greg gave the boys haircuts.
This little guy looks not-so-little anymore :(
But oh-so-cute! :)
Jace has been my helper-boy in the kitchen.
*Side note--notice the fabric hanging in the kitchen window?
Planning on having roman shades made for my two kitchen windows!
You like?
Do we ever wear clothes in our house?
If you are 3 and under and look this cute in your little boxer briefs, then the answer is no.
If you are chubby and preggo, then yes, clothing is required at all times!
We made Valentine's Day cookies!
And the boys enjoyed decorating them.
Or in Will's case, pretended to decorate his cookie, meanwhile, eating the icing right out of the bowl!
Don't blame him though.
That homemade butter cream frosting is money!
Final product!
Pretty and delish!
Do we ever eat anything healthy you ask? Occasionally, we will squeeze in a few fruits and vegetables! :)
See?


I bought this at our local thrift store.
I lightly sanded it (didn't need much) and painted it a very light pink (Sherwin Williams, rosy outlook courtesy of my sista, Jill!).
I plan to girly-up the nursery once I have a little more free time on my hands (aka when I get my husband back)!
You can't see it well in the picture, but this little cutie has glass door knobs.
It was a steal if I do say so myself!
I will post AFTER pictures soon!
I'm off to enjoy an evening with my hubby!

Enjoy the rest of the week!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love, love, love this post. I might have to bring you your baby present early...

Dresser looks so good and I like the Roman shades fabric.

Jill and Darren said...

Love those boys although I don't know how you keep up with them! Miss you! love you all!

Rachel said...

You are such a good mommy. :) I LOVE your little dresser--- can't believe you got it thrifting! Hope to see you soon!

Christy and Drew said...

so fun! You are such a great mommy! I can't wait to see what your little girls room looks like. LOVE the dresser and impressed that you sanded and painted it!