Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chicken Quesadillas!

Ever get into a rut when it comes to serving food to your kids?
I know I do!
When Greg and I have a date planned (which we shoot for once a week), it's usually boxed mac and cheese (bleh!) & hotdogs OR frozen chicken nuggets & tater tots (also bleh!) for the little ones.
What else can I make these little rascals that doesn't come in a box or the frozen foods aisle?
Ding ding ding! Chicken & cheese quesadillas!
Who doesn't love tortillas, chicken, and cheese?
(Besides my sister's weirdo husband, Uncle Jolly!)
I know I do!


I've started buying a rotisserie chicken from the deli about once every two weeks or so. It's nice to have the meat on hand for various dishes (i.e. chicken pot pie, chicken casserole, etc).
It's PERFECT for this dish!
Get out your hot griddle.
Spray your tortillas with cooking spray.
Sprinkle cheese and shredded chicken in between two layers of tortillas.
Heat through until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly toasted.
Cut with pizza cutter.
Serve these suckers up with some salsa, sour cream, that summer Indiana sweet corn that you froze during the summer, and some apple sauce.
Es muy bueno!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Does the Tonagel Hacienda deliver?