Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lightning Bugs

It's been over a year now since we moved to our new home. There are so many things I love about this place, but what I love most of all is the backyard! It's nice to have a safe and private place to send your kids to when you don't feel like cooking dinner with two children hanging on each leg!
One night Jace and I kicked back in his new adirondack chairs (yes, I somehow squeezed my big caboose into those suckers) and chatted. You know, about kid stuff. In the midst of our uber deep kid conversation, he spotted a lightening bug! He was so mesmerized by the little creatures. We had a good ol' time running around chasing the little guys.

He's cute.

He's silly.

But most of all, he's just plain sweet!
Love being his mom!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

ooo you're hair looks pretty down! :) i didnt' get to see it that way while we were visiting. you're lovely!

a.tonagel said...

Brooks ate a lighting bug this morning. :)

Erica and Nate said...

that is so sweet...I love watching kids experiences something new or exciting!