Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memorial

Here are some of my favorites from our family pictures taken by ReneeJPhotography last week! There were so many good ones of the boys, it was hard to choose!









*************************************************************************

We returned on Sunday from a family trip out to Kansas City. We celebrated my grandpa's life by honoring him through a memorial service. It was truly a time of celebration as we shared stories of his life and reflected on his legacy. I am so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful family!!!
Here is a picture of Boppa in his younger years with my sister Jill. He was a great grandpa!!!



*************************************************************************

Did I mention how well my boys did on the 10+ hour car trip home? They did fantastic and it really made the trip enjoyable. Being stuck in a mini-van with your family for an entire day does have it's perks--it was a nice time for Greg and I to sit and chat. We sometimes get into a rut and don't make time to just sit and talk. The car ride allowed us to talk life, kids, budgets, career goals, and family goals.

I'm off to make my grocery list for the rest of the week so my kids can eat something other than buttered noodles!

Bye friends!


7 comments:

Beth said...

These pics are great!

Rachel said...

Hiya friend! Again, love the pictures. :) And I'm so glad your car trip went well.....oh those days can drive me up the wall...sorta dreading our next trip west, which will hopefully be with your mama in a few weeks! Take care!

Breuninger Bunch said...

Such beautiful photos! And if you can do a 10 hour car ride, Michigan will seem like only a hop, skip, and a jump away. I'm just sayin'...

Becky said...

the one of your boys holding hands together while walking is my favorite. what beautiful pictures!!

garrett is going out to indy next week. sadly, me and the kiddos are staying home. one of these days, young lady, one of these days we will meet up again. but you may just have to bring your kids out here to california instead. :)

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

Hey I bet they love those buttered noddles! Mmm, that might be what I make for dinner tonight...
-Meg

Erica and Nate said...

i love your pictures. the boys look so so adorable and your family ones are great too.

tomppt said...

how pretty a boy!! it's really a happy family.Microsoft Office 2007