Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mini Marathon

I survived my first mini-marathon! 13.1 long miles. Mile 1-6 went great. I thought I could run forever. Then mile 7 and 8 rolled around. BOR-ING! I got bored. My body felt good, I just wanted to do something other than run. When I got to mile 10, my mind and body were in a major fight.
Body: Walk, Amy. You know you want to!
Mind: Don't do it, Amy. You can do this!
Well. Mind won. I could do it. And I did! I was so happy to cross that finish line. Tears filled me eyes. I was so happy. I was on a high.

And then I came back to reality. My knees and body ache! I'm tired (from my 4:45 wake up call) and crabby. Hello, reality. Goodbye, high! I'm sure you will return as soon as I can climb the stairs again.

I also spent my first night away from both boys while Dad took care them at home (more on that later)!
While away, I got to spend some time with these two lovely ladies--my sister-in-law, Malorie and her sis, Liz. SO fun to laugh and have some fun girl time with these gals. Thanks girls for letting me crash your family weekend!


Oh, and I got to spend some time with this little cutie--my nephew, Jack. Biggest eyes I've ever seen on a baby... so cute!!!


Overall a really great experience. So happy I did it. So happy I survived it. So happy it's over :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats! You are a rock star. Hope the large fry was good :)

Rachel said...

Goodness me, you are super woman. I'm pretty sure I'd give out at about 1 mile. :) WAY TO GO! So proud of you.

Megan Tonagel said...

Uh yea, you are UH-MAZ-ING! I am telling you I couldn't run that far right now if someone put a gun to my head. You should feel SO accomplished!!!!!!!
-Meg

Breuninger Bunch said...

way to go, stud!!

a.tonagel said...

awesome job! that is a huge accomplishment. I did hear you say "first mini-marathon" does that mean there will be a 2nd? :)