Monday, May 2, 2011

Before and After Family Room!

This is what we've been working on at our house lately.

This is what we decided to do with the entryway through our garage. I shared some ideas in an earlier post. You can read it by clicking here. It's a small space but it was becoming very cluttered with no place to put all our shoes, coats, hats, gloves, etc. We were given this hall tree FREE from a friend so we gladly took it. It fit the space perfectly and we thought even if it's there temporarily we will only have invested a little paint money into it (it was red when we got it). We wanted a color pop in our family room so we went with this fun, teal color. We love the color and it's just the pop the room needed. Don't know if we will keep it there permanently, but for now it's very practical and functional for all of our stuff!

I could have snapped a better picture with less crap hanging from it, but hey, I'm keepin' it realz. Notice the fridge wide open and a certain little monkey standing by?

I've also been wanting to re-decorate the space above our couch. I wanted a picture wall of some sort. Here is what we had there before...
And from a different angle, here it is after. I scrounged up all of these things from what I already had around the house. I really like the way it turned out!
Here is closer look.

Happy Monday, friends!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Looks great! So glad you chose to paint the tree turquoise. Voila! It's wonderful.

Breuninger Bunch said...

I love the updates!!!

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

ohhh my that is so cute!
mal

a.tonagel said...

you have been on a blogging role! geez. now I really look lame for quitting mine.
like the stuff about the couch. looks cute.

Joel/Mal and Troy/Meg said...

You are so creative!! I seriously love both of the updates you made. Could not look any cuter! Now come help me finish doing a little redecorating. I need your eye...
-Meg

Shannon said...

I love it! I really like your taste!!

L,P+B Penziol said...

Amy that looks really cute!