Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Personal Intervention

Whoa! Can you say slacker? Sorry to leave you blog stalkers waiting so long for an update! Well, I haven't actually been slacking, just in the blogosphere world. I will explain.
I have made quite an effort to get more organized. Not in one particular area, just overall, more organized. With two little boys, ages 1 and 2, I found myself in an unproductive slump. I kept blaming it on the cold weather but unfortunately have diagnosed it with pure laziness. I had a mild internet addiction and wasted most of my morning reading blogs, checking facebook statuses, and getting caught up with my family via phone or email. Nap time completely wasted. Entire morning, gone. I would get so far behind that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Anyone relate??? So. I had a personal intervention where I decided it's time for a change. I got myself on a regular workout regimen (Indy mini coming up in 4 weeks!!!), cleaned out my car and home closets, made a laundry schedule, meal schedule, and budget. Wow. I feel so much better. It's amazing what a little organization can do! My days are productive, my kids are better off, my husband happier, and I don't have to feel so guilty sitting down at 3:00 during nap time to watch a little TV (a little obnoxious Rachel Ray anyone???) and browse a few of my favorite blogs. It's amazing how starting your day off with a plan can lead to a productive day.
And I don't tell you this to try and convince you I am some sort of super-mom (remember I admitted to blowing my ENTIRE morning on the internet above), but instead to challenge you to get more organized and disciplined in areas that are weighing heavily on you.
Hope you are encouraged or inspired or just got a good laugh out of what a wasteful loser I have been this winter.
I will leave you with this video of Jace singing Happy Birthday to his favorite guy--Daddy! Happy 31st birthday to my one and only!
video

Peace out, friends!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

OOo this video makes me miss Jace! Christian doesn't have another buddy yet. :(
I totally empathize with your winter slump. I'm there too. But spring brings a new hope that we can acheive more than we have been. :)
Way to go on getting organized--- good inspiration! Miss you!

Kathy Tonagel said...

That is the cutest thing EVER. I love the "your daddy"~~ I could watch it a hundred times.
nana

two_evans said...

I am tackling the re-org here as well... although Levi is now sick again which throws a big ol' monkey wrench in it! Keep trying, right? And boy is Jace handsome!!! What a cutie! :)

Beth said...

Cutest video!!!

dianne and bob said...

You HAVE inspired me to get my morning routine back. If I check fb in the early morning, I don't do anything else- so have started walking first thing and putting off fb till 4.... thanks for the reminder - cause it has been oh so easy to 'forget'.

Joel/Mal & Troy/Meg said...

What a little goofball! I love that little guy!! And your "totes" a super mom :)

-Meg

Sarah Westfall said...

I relate so much, it's not even funny. Thanks for making me feel like more of a normal momma.