Sunday, February 13, 2011

Amen!


I know this is a horrible, blurry picture, with a bad background and toys all over the floor, but I wanted to post a picture of me with my Valentine. We got a sitter, and enjoyed a nice, quiet evening out. Just the two of us. Listening to country music in his pick-up truck. Telling old stories. Telling new stories. And laughing. We had a great time.

*********************************************************************

I heard two prayers today that I thought were worth sharing.
First, overheard Greg praying with Will before his dinner. It went something like this,
"Jesus, thank you for this day, thanks for this food, and help Will not to be a whiney little baby anymore. Amen."
I burst out laughing around the corner because it has been one of those days.
Jace sat down a few minutes later. We usually eat as a family, but like I said, it's been one of those days. So, we staggered our mealtime today. His prayer was a "God our Father/Where is Thumbkin Medley" and it went like this,
"God our Father, God our Father,
How are you today sir, very well I thank you,
Amen, Amen!"

And while most days I feel like I could lose it at any minute, I am thankful for this blessed life!
Can I get an Amen???


6 comments:

Rachel said...

SO happy for you and your Valentine. :) (by the way, did someone tall take that picture?... its not the view of you I'm used to having).
Also, SUCH cute prayers... I love that Jace sings a prayer, I'll have to teach it to Christian. Happy Valentine's!

two_evans said...

Amen! :)

Becky said...

AMEN!

Steven Gidley said...

Glad you had a good time....AMEN!!!

Team Tonagel said...

Rachel, yes, Sebass took the picture and he's 6'9". Haha!

dianne and bob said...

Yes! You get an AMEN!
You two are such great parents... Good for you for making quiet time to yourselves... in GT's pickup, no less! AMEN!