Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Memory Lane

I took a quick trip down memory lane this morning and thought some of these precious pictures were worth sharing with you. I LOVE looking at old photos and reminiscing of what a blessed childhood I had. But more importantly, I like teasing my mom for her perm, my dad for his beard, and us kids for our fashion sense :) Here are some of my favorite pics of some of my favorite peeps!

This was our first house in Maryland. It was a great little house in a great neighborhood.
In fourth grade, we moved here. Love love love this house. If I could build my dream house someday, it would probably be just like this one!
How adorable are my three older siblings? So darn cute!

This is where we vacationed when we were kids. Our vacations were made up of visiting grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Here we are at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. We have SO many good memories from this place!
I had just turned 1 this Christmas. Apparently, I wasn't happy about posing for the camera!
Love this one of my dad and Ben. I see both Jace and Will in my brother. Lookin' good, daddy!
And I had to include this one of my mom and show off what a babe she was (well, still is)!

Little Ben.
Here we are on Easter morning showing off our baskets. Our family weimaraner, Jayhawk, is in the corner of the picture. I am sure he just got done eating a dozen hard boiled, decorated eggs. He was infamous for his fondness for eggs.
I REALLY see Will in this bottom picture of me.

We were always coming up with skits/song performances/poems for birthday and holidays. Here we are, I'm guessing, performing in celebration of someone in the family. Don't you love my leotard?!


Love my one-piece, sun-flower, skort/dress thingy above! Here we are below, enjoying our family Thanksgiving dinner at home.
It's always fun to look back at old photos and be able to laugh at yourself!

Enjoy the rest of your week, friends!

6 comments:

JeffandTiffanyClark said...

Oh man do I LOVE those pictures!!!!!!! Love your chubby legs in that 1 year old Christmas picture. Seriously your family is so cute! And I TOTALLY see Will in that picture. Adorable. love you

Megan said...

I would like to say a few things...
-YES I love your leotard!
-You do look like Will in that one picture
-I had literally the same sunflower jumper/skort/dress thing as a kid (sunflowers were in back then, weren't they?)
-I love the pictures of both of your old houses—that 90's east coast style construction definitely reminds me of home lol!

Beth said...

These are great, Amy! Thanks for sharing!!! Love the leotard. Will you wear that to an IWU game?

Team Tonagel said...

Hah! Probably won't whip out the leotard for an IWU game, Beth. Wouldn't want to scare the players (and Coach)! On second thought, maybe I could use it to distract the other team!

Kathy Tonagel said...

Is that really your dad with all the red facial hair??!! Your brother sure does look like Jace in that picture.

It was fun seeing all your family pictures; you're such a close family, then and now.

Blair said...

Oh my gosh Amy...I love your trip down memory lane!! I have such fond memories of practically living at your Fostoria Way house! I was so sad when you guys moved :( And I agree - your adorable baby Will is a spitting image of young Amy!