Friday, September 17, 2010

Take me out to the ball game!

Our little slugger turned 2 last week and we celebrated in true baseball style. In spite of rainy weather, we were still able to gather with friends and family to celebrate our boy! His party fell on 9-11 so we honored America with the singing of the National Anthem. It was beautiful!

Pictured below was my attempt at a baseball diamond (pretty pathetic, I know), baseball cake, and assorted cupcakes. Jace sported his Red Sox Jersey and insisted on wearing a friends Orioles hat.

Will got his first taste of cream soda--or attempted to anyway. I could just eat this little boy up!

He was so fixated on the first gift he opened, golf clubs (thanks Boswells), his older cousins helped him open the rest of his gifts.
I can't believe how much they change in a year. Bittersweet!
1st birthday party 2nd birthday party
This little guy has been such a blessing to us. We love him so very much!

Bye friends!

4 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

I can't believe how much he's grown in a year! He went from a baby to a kid - they grow up too fast! I honestly have the cutest nephews one the face of the planet. I miss them both so much!

Erica and Nate said...

what a cute party! you did a great job on the cake and cupcakes and jace looks adorable in that jersey.

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

Such a little cutie. :) It was a wonderful party.
Love your collages too!

dianne and bob said...

I love! the cake - very creative... and all those cute cupcakes... what a fun time!
The boys are adorable... miss them.. Kathy and I will definitely do a road trip soon!