Monday, August 9, 2010

2010 La Porte Triathlon

Dear blog readers,

Do not give up on me! I have been super busy the last few weeks with classes, a traveling husband, baby showers, triathlons, etc. that I have sadly pushed blogging aside. As soon as we get back from my big brother's wedding (holy cow, my big bro is getting married!) next week I hope to get back into the swing of things (which not only includes blogging but cleaning, grocery shopping, and paying bills too). Until then, here are a couple of pictures from the weekend. All Tonagel boys + wives - Malorie (prego) participated in a sprint triathlon on Saturday. As I may have mentioned in an earlier post, I wasn't exactly thrilled when we signed up for this but I am so glad we did. It ended up being a great experience (even though I was in tears just minutes before the horn sounded--thanks Megan for helping me keep it together)! It was a great excuse to kickstart my butt in gear but I also learned a lot through the training/competing process. It was also a great reminder that Phil 4:13 holds true, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". Thanks to all my cheerleaders for encouraging me to complete this!! And great job to the rest of my family who participated!

Doesn't Jace look thrilled to cheer his family on?
Tonagel boys represented!
We survived! Phew!
Bye for now, friends!

6 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Aaaaammmmmy! I am so proud of you! Next time, Ben Jolly and I are totally in - Morgan will join Jace as a cheerleader at the finish line!

Megan said...

Amy I was/still am so proud of you! It always feels good to have the first tri behind you... Mainly because it is torture :)

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

I am just so impressed. :)

a.tonagel said...

I agree. Great job!!! See, it wasn't near as bad as you had made it out to be in your head. Fab job!

Beth said...

Congrats! Very proud of you!!!

Familia Rodriguez said...

this is awesome! Just thinking about going for a run makes me want to cry... From the other comments it looks like it wasn't your last :) great job!