Monday, March 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We finally made it home and are getting settled into our new (and improved) life. We got home Sunday afternoon and Greg took off shortly after us arriving home. It was an EXTREMELY tough goodbye but I am thankful that he gets the opportunity to lead his team to a national championship! We were able to have a couple video phone calls which is helping with our current long distance situation.
Thank the Lord for grandma's! I don't know what I would do without them! Thanks to her I came home to a loaded pantry, clean bathroom, floors, and windows, and a very happy Jace.
My mom arrived Saturday evening and I was so relieved to have here. She goes way beyond the call of duty as mom and makes my life much easier. I am one well rested mommy for just having a newborn.
Will has been a great baby so far. He loves to nurse and loves to be held. Those are two things that aren't as easy this time around since having to juggle a rambunctious 18 month old AND a new baby. We are all learning to adjust.
My baby boy doesn't seem so little anymore. When did he get so big?! STOP GROWING UP!!
Here is our snuggly little boy enjoying a little R & R between feedings.
Jace has taken to his new big brother role pretty well! There have been some signs of jealousy (as to be expected) but overall he just ignores him, which is better than smothering him, or gives him a nice gentle pat or hug.
I am so thankful that the weather is turning warmer and that we can break up our day with a couple trips outdoors. I love being a mom of two!

8 comments:

JeffandTiffanyClark said...

I can't wait for all of us (7!!!) to hang out together!!

a.tonagel said...

ugh... I want to see him!!! My lens is supposed to come tomorrow. Are you free on Friday? I don't want to intrude on your mom's time with him. Call me and let me know. He looks adorable and Jace does look huge!

Beth said...

Can't wait to meet the little guy. Let us know when you want some food brought to you!!!

Auntie Jill said...

as a wise woman said, "ugh.... I want to see him!!!" how can i possibly wait two whole months?!?!

Joel/Mal ...Troy/Meg said...

STILL NO SKYPE!!! I AM SO ANGRY!! we need to figure out this camera thing really fast! but please keep posting adorable pics like these! i can't wait to meet him. so glad you are doing so well. your boys are too cute for words! can't wait to catch up! love you so much
mal

Holly Daly said...

So cute to see him and Jace together. I can't imagine my babies being the "big brothers" when they still seem so little to me! But I guess in comparison they aren't!

My mom stayed with me for 10 days after the boys were born and was the biggest help, though my husband was a little weary of sharing the house with his MIL for that long (so maybe it's good that Greg's gone for a bit!?)

Megan Tonagel said...

I know you had a baby, but I still forget that you are now a mother of two- it just hasn't sunk in yet!?! Jace is too cute looking at Will up close, I love it. Your boys are adorable together!

Becky said...

really, arent grandmas the best??? i think i cried a full hour after my mom left with adeline. my common thought was "NOW what do i do?" so glad to hear that you are resting up and that jace is doing well in the big brother role. congrats again ames!