Friday, February 26, 2010

Update!

Sorry for the lack of postings here. Our household has been busy with sickness, lack of sleep, and, that's right, you guessed it... basketball!

Allow me to take a few steps back and give you a quick update on the last couple of weeks. We have had a lot of fun but also had some looooong days/nights too.

I'll start with something fun. Our very own Coach Tonagel has led his team to another (3 in 5 years) conference championship. I am so proud of him, his staff, and the players for such a tremendous accomplishment. This year was especially special because it was our first outright championship. Our last 2 had been co-championships and this one was all ours! Greg works so hard and cares so deeply for his players that I absolutely LOVE to see this success for them. Here they are celebrating after a close win versus rival Taylor University. Way to go Wildcats!
And now for something not so fun... Jace had not been sleeping well, eating well, or smiling. I finally took him to the doctor to find that he had 2 awful ear infections, one in each ear! Along with infected ears, he was awfully congested and was suffering from a bad cough, runny nose, and fever. He was very clingy and very difficult to sooth. He wasn't napping during the day or sleeping at night. They put him on strong antibiotics that almost immediately began helping. Praise the Lord for medicine! Here is my baby waiting in the waiting room at the doctors. Poor baby...
The combination of crazy hormones, a cranky baby, and a stomach that now rests on my lap had caused me to become a mom who I didn't want to be. I hardly recognized myself! I was growing so impatient and not handling the stresses of life very well. I am thankful that our difficult time has now passed and we can remember how much we have to be thankful for!

And now back to something fun... Did I mention that the medicine almost gave him immediate relief? This was taken the very next morning! I had almost forgotten what a happy kid he was!

And this morning, Coach and Jace got some father/son time in at the gym while I visited with my friend Tiffany, her newborn son Joshua, and her sweet sis-in-laws. It was a win-win situation. They were able to get in some much needed guy time while I was able to get in some much needed girl time. Jace got to run around the gym, the office, and eat with Daddy and some of the basketball players for lunch in the school cafeteria. Does this boy know how good his life is?
And here we are with new parents Jeff and Tiff, and baby Joshua! He is sooo stinkin' adorable!
Oh, and did I mention that I am still pregnant and waiting to meet this new precious life?! I will be 39 weeks Monday and look forward to finding out if my body has made any progress. I'm not holding my breath... I just want Coach to be there for the birth! Please join me in praying that he will come before Greg has to leave next Sunday.

Will try and keep you updated on any Tonagel news!

Bye for now.
Team Tonagel

5 comments:

Auntie Jill said...

hahahahaha! I'm so happy to see that Jace is feeling better and back to his old happy goofy self! I hope you're getting some sleep again while you still can. Now when is that baby coming???

a.tonagel said...

you know there are some measures you can take to get that baby to arrive soon... i'm just saying...

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

Amanda, that's exactly what I said! :)
Amy--- hold in there--- at least Jace is on a better note now and you can get some good time with him before little W. comes along. :)
See you soon!

Betsy Spoor said...

I keep checking your blog to see if there is a picture of your new little one yet!

Joel/Mal ...Troy/Meg said...

amy we are praying for you! i really hope the baby comes before sunday!! we love you so much, hang in there! i also heard that getting a pedicure could put you into labor...i am SURE that is what amanda meant right...haha!! love you guys! good luck!
love
mal