Thursday, January 28, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!


This past weekend Nana and Papa Tonagel took Jace home to La Porte while Greg and I, ahem, mostly I, worked on getting the house ready for the arrival of our next son!  In Greg's defense he IS smack dab in the middle of basketball season and is working really hard to prepare his team to win ball games.  Notice how I put him down and then lift him right back up?  That's what good wives do, right???  It was a much needed (and appreciated) break.  There was a good amount of relaxation time, productivity time, quality snuggling time, and kitchen time (baking, cooking, etc.) that went on while Jace was off eating banana bread at Nana's.  I thought I was going to miss the little booger so badly that I might have to drive up there a day early to pick him up but to my surprise, I not only survived the weekend but thoroughly enjoyed it!  I found myself humming and singing while doing chores.  I could make dinner from start to finish without anyone hanging on my leg begging for an early taste.  I could stay up a little later than usual and sleep in until my heart was content (except I couldn't sleep in because I am getting so HUGE that sleeping is growing more difficult).  When I finally reunited with Jace Tuesday night it was GREAT.  I am so happy to have him under our roof again.  Thank you Nana and Papa for taking such good care of Jace while I was off getting manicured and pedicured (and working of course)!  Love and appreciate you both!!!

2 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

Glad to help and hope to do it again (when boy#2 arrives, you'll appreciate a little help). And yes, he would have eaten the whole loaf of banana bread if I had let him (in my defense, it was healthy: whole wheat flour, applesauce instead of butter...)

Joel/Mal ...Troy/Meg said...

absence does make the heart grow fonder....but enough already....i want to see Jace! love and miss you guys
mal