Friday, December 18, 2009

Catch up!

So here's a quick update on what's been going on since we got back from our trip...

Jace has slept 14+ hours at night several times to make up for lost sleep.  I think we are finally caught up people (just in time for our next trip out east on Tuesday).  

Baby #2 is growing like crazy!  He is about 2 1/2 or 3 pounds now.  I enjoy feeling him move around now.  He is very active and especially likes to move at night.  

I turned 24!  Greg and Jace prepared me a yummy breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, turkey bacon, toast, and orange juice.  Jace ended up eating over half my meal and I found egg under my pillow when I went to bed that night.  After my breakfast, my best gal Tiffany brought me my fav Starbucks drink and we shared in a little girltalk.  After our ball game, which we won (thank you Lord), Greg took me out for dinner along with our good friends Jeff and Tiffany.  My in-laws were so sweet and babysat Jace (and brought his cousin Sawyer along) for the evening.  Nana Tonagel made me her delicious carrot cake and I can honestly say I devoured 3/4 of the cake all by myself.  Hey, if this cake was sitting in your kitchen, you would have too!  Thanks all for making my birthday so special!

We decorated for Christmas.  The day we go home from NYC, we wanted to go out and get ourselves  a Christmas tree.  Jace and I were too pooped from our travels so Greg went alone.  I gave him a specific pep talk on what kind of tree I wanted... "not too fat, not too skinny, just right.... ya know, proportional"  I told him.  So when he got home with the tree that would be living (it has since stopped drinking water so I'm not sure "living" is the correct term) in our family room over the next month, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement.  It had long flimsy needles and was incredibly bare throughout the tree.  The tree trunk was the size of my pointer finger and we had to fanagle it just right with shimmies to get it to stand tall in our tree stand (nudge it in the slightest and that sucker is going down).  Greg was so proud of his tree that he claims was a "steal".  The farmer gave him a deal claiming it was a $35 tree but gave it to us for $15.  I think we were the ones who got ripped off!  I have since gained the perspective that we are giving this poor tree a home this year and although it hardly can hold any of our family ornaments, I will love it anyway.  This picture does not do the tree justice--she must be photogenic or something!  One things for sure, I will forever remember this tree... as the tree who required nightly vacuuming from all the needles it shed, the tree who let so much light in through the window behind it from all it's bare branches, and as the tree who helped make our family's Christmas special this year.  See?  I am coming around...

And this is a nativity set that Greg made as a child... I just love displaying it in our home now!
Jace has been especially happy and fun to be around lately.  We have been having some pretty enjoyable days--just the two of us.  I am getting anxious/nervous for the day when my attention will be split in half with another little munchkin.  Until then I will just enjoy being the mama of one pretty awesome boy.

Lovin' bathtime.  


Here is Daddy reading Jace a book before bed.  Greg asked Jace to go pick out his favorite book.  This is was he brought him....
"The Best Gifts", a children's book about breastfeeding!  I heard Greg reply, "No Jace, Daddy doesn't want to read you this book.  Pick out another".  Nope.  It's the book Jace wanted to read.  So that's what Daddio did.  I laughed hysterically as Greg unenthusiastically read this book aloud.  If any of you know Greg well, you know this would make him uncomfortable. It was too funny!
Our happy little boy... warm and snug in his jammies.  I love bed time, well I love awake time, heck, I love all the time with this boy!

Is everyone done with their shopping?  I have hardly started!  I still have lots to do!  

Hope you and your family enjoy this last week of the Christmas season and enjoy partaking in your family traditions and celebrating of the birth of our Savior, Jesus!  I absolutely love the Christmas story! 

Bye friends!


10 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

Thanks Greg for continuing the values I taught you as a child, passing them along to your children (breastfeeding, woo-hoo!).
mom

Auntie Jill said...

I can't wait to spend Christmas with the fusserbudget!!!!

Beth said...

Um, the bf book is pretty hilarious. Thanks for the pic of the actual book. That is so funny. If I wasn't giving a final exam right now, I would actually be laughing out loud.

Joel/Mal...Troy/Meg said...

Amy this is such a great post! The breastfeeding book is a classic! I loved how you could see the picture of the cover! haha! Love you
Mal

amandatonagel said...

yea, the cover of the book is the best part! Hilarious! Good job Jace!!!
The tree is umm... not that bad. :) At least you can laugh about it now. It will be fun for memories. Now you just know that you have to supervise Greg next year!

JeffandTiffanyClark said...

Seriously, the bath pictures might be my favorite pictures you have posted in a long time!!! I love his smile! And I love that breast feeding book :)

Megan Tonagel said...

The 2nd pic of Jace in the tub is absolutely the CUTEST picture I've ever seen. You must submit that to a baby photo contest- you'd win the money honey!

Beth said...

Thanks for the Christmas card. Very cute.

elizabeth said...

Seriously- everything about that post was hilarious. I laughed so hard at your Christmas tree story! Funny! The BF book is sure to be a classic story told over and over. It will come in handy when he is a teenager and you feel the need to embarass him. Hahaha. Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

I think you're Christmas tree looks lovely. :).... were you being sarcastic about how full it is? B/c it looks pretty full to me.
I made Simon read the bedtime story section.. :) .. very cute!
And I am in great admiration of your blogging talent right now: mine has been non-existent.
Love ya friend, Merry Christmas!
PS-- GREAT family Christmas picture!