Sunday, October 4, 2009

Playing catch up!

So here are those vacation pics I promised you!  We had such a great time out in VA and DC!  I want to go back!  Here's a little recap of our trip..

We woke Jace up at 3 am Thursday morning for a day in the car.  He was pretty happy considering it was SO early!  He got especially happy when he saw his Nana and Papa Tonagel who were going to spend the weekend with us!
He slept pretty well in the car.  After finally getting him back to sleep he eventually woke up at about 8 am and then took his 2 normal naps throughout the day.  We brought books, music, toys, and a DVD's to keep him occupied (and did I mention we stopped 7 times on our way out there?!)
You can't see him but Papa Hughie is playing hide-and-seek with Jace behind the tree.  Thanks Hugh for getting dirty on your hands and knees for a good laugh!
Happy boy in Nana's arms!
We finally arrived to our destination--Lorton, VA where Troy and Megan now reside.  They have an adorable apartment and live near some fun shops and restaurants.  Thanks Meg and Troy for being so hospitable to us!  You are great hosts!  Here is Troy fixing us pancakes and sausage the morning after we arrived.  A little Hughie in the making if you ask me (pancakes are Hugh's specialty).  
We headed to Old Town Alexandria one afternoon for lunch and shopping.  It was a beautiful day and I was surrounded by great company (and great help with Jace)!
He LOVES riding high.  Uncle Troy strolled the streets of Alexandria with this little rascal on his shoulders.  Thanks Uncle Troy!
3 of the many Tonagel boys.
I mentioned this in a previous post but it's worth mentioning again.  YOU MUST TRY GELATO.  It is sooo good!  Jace got to try a little bit of everyone's!  I'm a straight chocolate girl.  
All gone :(
My sweet sister-in-law, good friend, and Jace's Aunt Megan!  Just following our gelato we headed to the nail salon for some girl time and manicures/pedicures.  Fun Fun!

Here are the newlyweds at Mike's American Grill.  When Megan and I first met we shared our favorite things about the DC/VA area.   She shared her favorite restaurant with me and I shared my favorite restaurant with her.  We soon found out that our favorite restaurants are owned by the same person!  HAH!  Go figure!  So we enjoyed a dinner out at her favorite restaurant (maybe next time we will go to mine) :)
Jace was perfectly content sitting in between Auntie Lolo and I during dinner so we catered to his wishes and left him there.  
I included this picture partly because I wanted to show off what a big boy Jace was sitting by himself in the booth but also because I wanted to show off my crab cakes I ordered... possibly the best crab cakes I have ever had.  And I have had a lot of crab cakes.  They are my favorite!
I stopped in and had a short visit with my best high school friend Gaby.  Our visit was very brief but so nice!  I am lucky if I see her once a year!  This was the second time she met Jace.   
Auntie Jill and Aunt Lolo heading out the door with Jace for a day of shopping!  We headed home later that evening for some chinese food and girl time.  It was fun!
We took Jace to the park directly across the street from Lauren's house.  He enjoyed all the space, climbing and sliding (not to mention all the attention he received from his auntie's and uncle).  
Uncle Ben playing with Jace on the teeter totter.  
Auntie Jill getting a little snuggle in.  Some say they look alike!


It's so convenient having my sister and sister-in-law so close!  I hope we can arrange another trip soon!
I was so glad that this weekend worked out.   We rarely get to hang out just the 4 of us.  With spouses, fiances, and babies on the way, it's growing more and more difficult to arrange our schedules with each other.  Somehow we managed to pull it off!  It was a very special weekend and I'm not sure we will ever coordinate a get together with just the 4 of us again, but I am so glad it happened!
And upon request, here is a picture of my 18 week belly.  This pregnancy is flying by!


7 comments:

JeffandTiffanyClark said...

I think this is the first time I am ever the first comment on one of your posts! :) I'm pretty proud of myself. Great post and so glad you are finally putting up pictures of your belly!!!! You better bring that little boy down here soon so I can get some Jace time :) Love you friend!!!!

amandatonagel said...

Wow that is a lot of photos! No wonder your posts take so long to do! All great pictures. Like the belly shot. You are definitely looking prego now. :)

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

Old Towne! That's where Simon and I were back in July... very quaint. :)
Looks like you had way too much fun on that trip.... Jace does too -- he is so happy in all his pictures!

Wow, you DO look pregnant!

Erica and Nate said...

Your belly is looking so cute!!!

Auntie Jill said...

you look fabulous!!! can't wait to see you in december! mwah!

troy said...

I am honored to have made the blog Amy! I miss you guys! Can Jace come stay with us for a little while?? It would give you a nice break...

Megan said...

Aww such a great trip, we miss you guys already, please come back!! Aunt Lolo and I don't live this close for just any reason you know... It is to lure you back here :)
P.S.
Troy and I are going to be huge the next time you see us because we are now hooked on the gelato- and it is wayyy to close to where we live!