Monday, October 5, 2009

A Girl's Night Out

A couple of Fridays ago, Greg was out of town and I had a baby shower to attend so I hired my first babysitter!  Jace has had sitter's before, but they have always been familiar faces like Tiffany and Jeff or Sebastion (his favorite basketball player) AND they have been for brief periods of time.  

Now I was a little nervous because I was in the beginning phases of weaning him off his nightly nursing routine (he still nurses each morning) and he is suffering from the worst case of separation anxiety EVER!  

I was so excited to have the evening alone with some of my best girl friends!  I felt like a teenager again anticipating a big night out.  You are probably thinking geesh, it is only a baby shower, what's the big deal?!  The big deal is I didn't have a certain 1 year old hanging on my leg all evening!  I could have adult conversation with NO interruptions!  I was in desperate need of a night such as this.  I just took my time and didn't have to worry about getting home quickly to relieve a friend for doing us a favor because heck, I was paying the girl!  She was so sweet and did a great job with Jace.  I'm not really sure if he even knew I was gone :(  He was sound asleep when I got home. I went in there and patted his little bum for a few minutes and sang him a quick lullaby. 

I have to admit, I really did miss him.  

Here is the Mama-to-be 38 weeks pregnant with her son, Kaiden. 
And here's a picture of my good friends (all 4 girls on the right are prego AND the one all the way to the right is pregnant with twins)!
Wow, 2 posts in 2 days.  I'm on a roll!

3 comments:

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

Is it just me or do I look huge in this picture? Not fat or big-bellied...but I just look bigger than everyone else. Ick. :-/

Also, I take it by the color of your pregnancy ticker that you're hoping for a girl? :)

Shannon said...

Oh I miss you girls! Wish I could have been there!

dianne and bob said...

Good for you for getting a sitter! I still treasure times with girlfriends....