Tuesday, September 8, 2009

He get it from his Mama!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?  How many rolls does it take to get to the bottom of Jace's leg? 1,2,3... Poor boy.  I think we have an identical picture of my bum when I was just about his age. That's just life son, sorry!  

Students and players are officially back and we are underway with another school year.  This starts the beginning of late nights and long hours for Coach T :(  I have to be intentional about keeping a positive mentality when it comes to Greg's job and hours or else it could get ugly.  Real ugly.  We plan on having all the players over in groups of 3 over the next couple of weeks so that will keep me and my dishwasher busy!  I usually plan for about 1 pound of meat per player when serving them a meal... these boys can eat!!!

We were cleaning out the nursery on Saturday, putting away clothes than no longer fit Jace and bringing out clothes that he will grow into this fall and winter.  Jace absolutely loved playing with this basket and we found him sitting in it a few times.  He was so proud and so content in this basket that we just let him be.  I would leave the room for a couple minutes and come back to find him STILL sitting in that basket.  He's a hoot!

No exciting news to report.  I have a doctor's appt tomorrow and will hopefully get to hear the heartbeat again.  I am getting more anxious to know more about this baby and am so tempted to find out the sex (that ultrasound would be in 4 weeks).  We did love the surprise the first time around but think it might be fun to try this for the second one.  Hmm... what should I do? I know all you blog readers out there have opinions.  Let's hear 'em.  

Hope everybody enjoyed their 3 day weekend.  I have a week full of chores and a birthday party to get ready for.  Our boy is turning 1 on Thursday.  We can't believe it!!!

12 comments:

Simon and Rachel Henry said...

Sweet rolls! :) Sorry Christian is such a bully. I can't believe you have to cook ONE pound of meat for EACH guy! You are an amazing woman. Did you mean to leave the "s" off of "get" in the title of this entry? I could see it going either way. :) See ya around girlfriend.

Auntie Jill said...

Jace looks svelte compared to his mama at that same age! And I'm officially voting "yes" to find out the sex of baby 2!!!

Auntie Jill said...

P.S. Love his tan line! haha

Shannon said...

Find out!! It's still a surprise no matter when you find out, and you can save the name until it's born and that can be a surprise! Jace is such a cutie pie- I love naked babies!

urbanadventurertales said...

I agree with Shannon! Find out and then keep the name a secret till he/she is born. I was glad that we found out so we could prepare more before their arrival. And I was REALLY glad we kept the name a secret!
And good Lord! You are doing a ton of cooking!

amandatonagel said...

I am being the rebel and voting that you wait to find out!!!!! What other time in your life will you ever have to be this surprised. If you do find out, DON'T let Greg find out!!!! :) Ben has confessed if he had to do it over again he would wait to get the big news at the last moment. Also, if you do find out I agree that you should keep the name a secret.
By the way Jace, I love your rolls!

Auntie Jill said...

That's three yeses and one no. Sorry amanda! The yeses win!

amandatonagel said...

Guess I may have to put some mystery comments on to level out the score for Jill. :) It's up to you Amy (and Greg a little)! I just know I am glad now that I waited with all three of mine. It's torture but worth it to me.

urbanadventurertales said...

Oh! And I love those rolls too! I just wanna squeeze em! Once mine started crawling and then walking, they lost all their rolls and I miiiiiiisssss them sooo much!

And I do agree that it's a great surprise if you wait to find out the gender...for me it's more about preparing for the baby when finding out the gender, though. It helps to know what clothes/nursery stuff you'll need. But if you have the means and availability to get girls stuff after the the baby's born, then wait.

Auntie Jill said...

Go Shorty! It's your birthday! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY JACE "TACO" TONAGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Auntie Jilly misses you and can't wait to see you next weekend! Millions of kisses from NYC!

RichardsFam said...

Wait, Wait, Wait!!!!

You know my opinion on the subject already... :)

Courtney

Megan said...

He does get it from his mama!!! Oh best title of any blog yet :)