Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good Wife!

We are back from our vacation out east to visit my family and celebrate my sister, the bride-to-be!  We had SO much fun and didn't want the week to end!  I can't remember a time when six days passed by so fast!  We got a lot of quality family time in and Jace was so spoiled by his grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  

We threw a bridal shower for my sister Jill on Saturday and enjoyed our day laughing with friends, celebrating the upcoming marriage of Jill and Darren, enjoying mimosas (everyone but the pregnant girl of course), eating great food, and showering the bride with gifts!  Below are pictures from the day.  

This is the FAB group of girls who made it to the shower.  We had friends represented from Wisconsin, Indiana, Boston, D.C., Florida, New York, and Rhode Island.
Here is Jill modeling her "good housewife" kit.  We made teams and challenged everyone to write a story about Jill and Darren. The twist was corresponding all the words of products in her bucket (arm and hammer, snuggle, dynamo, comet, kaboom to name a few) into the story.  We had Darren write one himself and of course it totally blew ours away (he writes for a living).  We had so much fun attempting our creative sides and did our best to share their love story.  It was a blast!  
Lauren and I shared some sisterly words of wisdom regarding "Do's and Dont's of How to be a Good Wife".  We read an exert from a 1954 Home Economics high school textbook.  We framed it for her so she can constantly be reminded of her duties.  
Believe it or not, this cake tasted better than it looks!  Great job Mom!
Here is Jill opening her gifts.  Everyone was so generous and she got some really great things! Pictured below is the never ending gift wrap.  I believe packaged underneath this large ball of bubble-wrap was 1 pilsner glass.  
The maid's of honor (I know people, matron just sounds so old) hard at work.  
We made a book for Jill of us 3 girls over the years.  It turned out to be super cute and really special!  We love our big sis!
I have the best sisters in the world!
There's plenty more vacation pics to share but that's all I have time for tonight!  I have about 6 loads of laundry waiting for me.  I will post more of our vacation adventures this week.  

In baby news, I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I'm hoping to hear the little boogers heart beat.  The button on my pants popped open the other day so I'm assuming that means that the baby is starting to grow.  They say you start showing earlier the second time around but geesh, maternity clothes at 10 weeks?!  Yikes!  I will keep you posted on my appointment!

4 comments:

Becky said...

the shower looks like it went well. isnt that "how to be a good housewife" article hilarious? my favorite part is taking 15 minutes to rest, get refreshed, and all dolled up before the husband comes home. oh with dinner served, zero noise, and polished children of course!

hopefully now we can catch up since we are all back from our trips!

amandatonagel said...

Your mom made the cake?!?!? Wow! Really cute!
Congrats to Jill. She looks super cute. Almost like she could fit in the 50's style with her cute dress and shoes.

Team Tonagel said...

Oh oops, no my mom just ordered the cake. We are not that creative....

Auntie Jill said...

I have the best mom and sisters ever!!!