Monday, August 17, 2009

1 year old (well, almost)

Just a few more vacation pics coming your way!  Greg, Jace, and I arrived in Rhode Island on Wednesday afternoon.  By Friday morning ALL of my siblings and their spouses/fiances were there!  We had such a nice time gathering and visiting at my parents' house Friday night.  My brother made delicious chicken and steak fajitas for the whole gang and we chatted, laughed, and celebrated family birthdays.  Pictured below are the men who stole the Jamieson girls' hearts and our awesome brother!
As you can see, the women were hard at work in the kitchen while the men burped and took it easy while watching the Red Sox vs. Yankees game.  
We had a little birthday party to celebrate Kelley, Jolly, and Jace!  I don't think Aunt Kelley and Uncle Jolly minded when they were pushed aside for the main attraction... 
He received a toy farm with all the animals and a toy hammer...
several touch and feel books and a cool stackable puzzle...
and these cool camoflauge rain boots!  
For some reason he loved walking around with this particular gift (wrapped).  Once it was unwrapped he didn't care so much for it.

If you are wondering, we did not give Jace a big piece of cake to dive into. We just didn't feel right doing it quite yet since he is not yet 1 year old. However, he did get some ice cream sandwich to enjoy which he LOVED!

Thanks to everyone who made this birthday celebration so fun and special! We won't forget it!!
!

5 comments:

amandatonagel said...

Funny how it just liked the wrapped presents better. Glad he got a puzzle. That was actually on my list to get him for b-day or Christmas!
ps. Is it sad that my life seems better when people on my blog list have updates? :) How boring!

Shannon said...

I can't believe he's almost 1!! He is just such a cutie!

JeffandTiffanyClark said...

You know how I love this little guy! And I already love the little one on the way! And I can't believe almost a year ago, we couldn't wait to meet him or her! I can't imagine life without Jace! We love you all!

Auntie Jill said...

my fiance would never burp! you must be referring to jolly or gt.

dianne and bob said...

Don't rush his birthday! I am trying to finish his blanket within the accepted one year from birth time period! LOL!