Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello all! Not a whole lot to report here. Below are a few pictures of our week.

This is how our poor baby woke up in the morning and at naptimes for an entire week... with his eye glued closed! It would take two of us to wash his eye clean enough to get it opened. Greg would hold him down while I would wipe with a warm wash cloth or vice versa... not fun!
We are so glad to have him back to his happy self!

July starts the heavy recruiting month for Greg and his staff. We have survived through the first week but we are missing him already! Jace looks around for him in the morning and wonders why he is not there... so sad! Absence makes the heart grow bitter from all this work I am having to do alone fonder. No really, we will be looking forward to seeing him when we can! I don't think he can stay away from this face for too long.

We had a great 4th of July visiting with family in Ohio. We attended a big party hosted by my cousin Carrie and had a blast catching up with people we don't get to see often enough. Greg and my cousin Kelly came out victorious in their annual corn hole tournament and we came home with awesome prizes and many corn hole accessories! Jace loves seeing his Grandma and Grandpa Jamieson as well as visiting with his Great Grandma J. He sure had fun showing off his furniture-walking skills. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and didn't get a picture of him in his adorable red, white, and blue outfit :(

We finally got Jace a new car seat and he is riding more comfortably now. He did great on our 4 hour car ride to and from Ohio... I attribute this to his new ride.

We also started swim lessons yesterday (and again, forgot my camera!). He did great and really loved being in the water (I had some fun too). It really wore him out and he slept like a rock the entire night... a mother's dream :)

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July weekend. Enjoy your week!


5 comments:

Auntie Jill said...

he is getting to be such a big boy!!! only 1 month until I get to see my favorite nephew again! I know he's going to take his first step in newport! :)

Shannon said...

Oh what a big boy! It makes such a difference when they can face forward. I hope you enjoy swim lessons- so fun!

amandatonagel said...

I like his new seat! Yippy! Glad he is feeling better.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I literally laughed out loud at the sentence you had striked through- funny stuff you bloggin’ girl! We are playing phone tag, so call me back :)