Monday, June 29, 2009

Fun in the Sun!

We had an extremely busy and fun filled week. Jace got his first boat ride, his first 4-H fair experience, and went for his first swim. We spent a long weekend in La Porte and enjoyed a great visit with family and friends. The only downer is that Jace is now sick and recovering from an ear infection. He is on antibiotics and on his way back to feeling well again. Here are some pictures of our week.

Tonagel or Jamieson? Definitely Tonagel.
He is standing on his own now! He is trying to take steps and hasn't succeeded yet. I am in no hurry... he is getting too big too fast :( I couldn't resist this picture. Got to love those thighs. Thighs Tonagel or Jamieson? Definitely Jamieson.
We spent Sunday on Lake Freeman with dear friends of ours, Dave and Kristin Dimmich. They are affiliated with IWU basketball and have become great friends of ours. We really value their friendship and our time spent with them. They took Jace out on his first boat ride!

I know I know... nice pink life jacket :)

Not a care in the world!
We bundled him up and he took a nice little nap on the boat. He was so relaxed!
We headed to the Marion waterpark last week. Greg wanted to take Jace and give me some alone time but I couldn't miss my baby's first swim experience! I was able to get some relaxation time in while Greg played with him in the water.
Chillin out in the lazy river...

Jace LOVED playing with this fountain. It kept him busy for about an hour. He also loved watching the other kids play.
Happy boy!
On Friday, the whole Tonagel clan shared a big lunch at Redamaks restaurant in New Buffalo, IN. We try and make it there atleast once a year. It is one of our favorite places to eat. It's just a burger joint, but their burger's are out of this world and the atmosphere is fun and casual! It's a great family place. After lunch my sis-in-law Amanda invited all of us over to her parents house for some swimming. We had such a nice time! It took Jace a little while to warm up to the water. He will be starting swim lessons in 1 week.
Megan and Mal catching some rays in the pool.
Here are 3 of the 4 Tonagel boys. We had a quick visit with the newlyweds (Troy and Megan) and got the whole family together for a Father's Day celebration.
Silly boys...
Greg and I headed to Valpo to see some friends of ours, Wes and Sarah Kotys. They just built a BEAUTIFUL home and we got the grand tour:) We had a nice, relaxing evening catching up with good friends and eating good food!
I thought I would leave you with this face...
Have a great week!

4 comments:

amandatonagel said...

Jace is like a little dress up doll. First in a lady's hat and now in a pink life jacket! So cute!

Megan said...

I made the bloggggg! Woo hoo haha

Shannon said...

Oh he's such a cutie! I can't believe he'll be walking soon! Enjoy the last bit of baby time with him. Water time is so much fun!

KStrang said...

I can't stand how cute Jace is, I love him!! I am so happy I finally got to meet him and we all adore him-he is truly the cutest little guy and his personality is SO lovable!!

You guys are quite the travelers, and I am so happy I was able to see you while you were in DC. You look great! and Jace is even cuter in person (even though I didn't know it was possible to be any cuter!). We miss you guys already and need to get a date on the calendar so we can see you again soon! XOXOXO