Saturday, May 23, 2009

Greg wanted to let me sleep in one morning so he and Jace hopped on the bike and headed for class.  Greg actually look Jace to class with him!  It was such a nice break... I couldn't believe it when he came in and announced it was 9:30 am.  I don't remember the last time I slept in that late!  

We met a couple of friends at the park on Friday for some jungle gym fun.  Jace wasn't sure what to think of the swing at first...
But he slowly warmed up to it...
And eventually had a little fun!

This is his buddy Jackson.  Poor Jackson broke his leg a few weeks ago and is stuck in a full leg cast.  It doesn't seem to bother him too much.  He does most everything a normal 2 year old does, just with a little limp.  He's a cutie.  We love spending time with him and his mom Amie!


*****************************************************************

On Saturday morning, I participated in a 5K run.  It was a BEAUTIFUL morning and Jace's girlfriend Tiffany came out to play with him while I ran (he LOVES that girl).  

This was us before the race.  He was giving me a pre-run pep talk:)  Having them there at the finish line helped me get through that last stretch!
I just can't resist bath pictures... so sweet!

Jace was sick for the first time over the past week.  He had a slight fever, nasal congestion, and an awful cough.  I am happy to say that he is almost back to normal.  We had some long nights together so I am glad that we are on the tail end of this!  I didn't mind all the snuggling and cuddling we got to do... but I much prefer happy, healthy Jace.  Can't you see why?!

Jace with Dad...
And Mom!
We are leaving for Washington D.C. next Tuesday.  We are really looking forward to Greg's brothers wedding and visiting with my folks and sisters.  Also, I will get to see some childhood friends and introduce them to Jace.  It will be a busy time, but a fun one!

8 comments:

Christy and Drew said...

Oh my goodness! Jace is getting so big. Drew and I enjoyed catching up on your blog. Glad to see you are all doing so well. Hope to see you soon and meet Jace!

RichardsFam said...

Wow, he is growing up so much. I can't believe Greg was able to take him to class with him! How did he do that? Glad all is well!

Courtney R.

amandatonagel said...

Great idea! Send him to class with Greg every morning!
How'd you do in the race? Survive?!?!?

Holly said...

I love our bike carrier! It's so convenient to take them everywhere and they love it!

ryan and chelsee jones said...

These are all such GREAT pics! He is soooo cute and growing up so fast! I just love his smile! :) See you when you get back from DC - have a great time with family and friends!

dianne and bob said...

So, did Greg give Jace a passing grade at class for the day?
So glad too that the cold passed somewhat quickly and that he will be back to happy self next week when he will be 'on display'!
I will take my turn holding him to give you plenty of time with friends and dancing....

amandatonagel said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary!
Hope you guys enjoy a night out sometime soon.
a

Shannon said...

I just cannot get over how big and cute he is!