Sunday, February 15, 2009

Funny Valentine

Here is Greg reading to Jace the book he gave me last Valentine's Day. We had just found out we were expecting and he bought a pregnancy book for me and a children's book for the baby. It was so fun being able to read it to our Jace this year!


We had a great Valentine's Day this year.  This was the first year I had not one, but TWO valentine's.  We had a ball game (of course)... nothing like a basketball game to get in the way of the romance in our marriage.  This particular day is important to win because if we fall short, there will be no date for us!  Why should I have to pay the consequences for our team losing?  Thankfully we won and were able to follow through with our dinner plans.  Grandma and Grandpa Tonagel babysat Jace while we enjoyed an evening out.  We went to Weber Bar and Grill in downtown Indianapolis with Jeff and Tiff Clark--we had so much fun!  And as if I wasn't already stuffed enough (my unbottoned pants were proof of this), we ordered the most delicious warm, chocolaty, fudgy cake with homemade hot fudge (which we were licking out of the bowl) and yummy vanilla ice cream.  Oh, how I do love Valentine's Day.  

Jace is doing great.  He is very active and becoming more mobile every day.  He is always grabbing and reaching for things.  He loves to watch us and copy what we do--it's pretty cute.  I am so thankful that I get to stay home and spend my days with him.  He is such a joy to us!

We only have 2 regular season games left, the conference tournament, followed by the national tournament. Wish us luck the rest of the season! 

Daddy and Jace love their "quiet time" together in the mornings.  Here is Greg reading Jace some Bible stories.  
As you can see, Jace is listening very closely.  Good boy Jace, good boy.  
Here is Jace with one of his favorite people, Aunt TT!  A big smile comes across his face whenever he sees her.  He loves her (and so do I)!
He is getting soo big.   I just can't believe how quickly he is growing.  I love seeing his personality coming out!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

He is just too cute! I love how serious he looks when he is reading. It's so fun to see how big he's getting!

Auntie Jill said...

Why does the back of his head make me laugh so much?