Monday, December 8, 2008

I think I missed my calling as a poet.


Life got good this past September
Let me recall what I remember

Two hours of pushing, screams, and moans
While Greg sat in the corner on his cell phone

We heard his first cry and shouted for joy
Could it really be another Tonagel boy?!

Our beautiful baby was born just 3 months ago
He had all ten fingers and all ten toes

We sat in awe of his beauty as we studied his face
Greg whispered in my ear "I think I'll name him Jace"

Nine months of swollen ankles, I'm finally done
We now have a beautiful, oh-so-worth-it son

And although being a mother includes hardships and tears
I know it will bring us happiness year after year






9 comments:

amandatonagel said...

Yes, definitely the next Walt Whitman. :) Very nice.
a

Auntie Jill said...

Amanda beat me to the comments section!

Jennifer, Eric and Isaiah Heuer said...

OH, he is SO precious!!!! Great poem! :)

Holly said...

LOL :) Very cute!
I had to check the boys' weight at 3 months after talking to you yesterday. They were 12.0 and 12.8 lbs, lol! So, you're definitely producing enough for twins. Mine gained 2 lbs. a month each for the first 5 months, then slowed down to 1 lb. a month after that.

Carmen and Brandt said...

He is getting so big! I think that I like the boobies better but the poem is wonderful. Could you write one for me to?

Auntie Jill said...

hahahahahaha...I just opened up the top picture and when you view it full size you can see the drool all over his chin! Jace hearts drooling! :)

RichardsFam said...

Loved it! How creative you are :) Can't wait to meet Jace! See you in a few weeks..

Laura said...

Sorry if Im blog crashing! Found you guys on Amanda's blog. Im an old friend of the Tonagel family. Anywho, just wanted to say how adorable your little boy is, congrats to you and Greg! I love your poem, very inspirational! lol. Definately made me smile! Jace is definately THRIVING! He looks about as big as my guy did at 3 months. Although, he has slowed his weight to a slim 21 lbs at 7months. :) Happy holidays!

Aunt LoLo said...

I am no longer the best poet in the family.

".. i think i'll name him jace!" GENIUS!