Tuesday, December 30, 2008

From the Hills to Hillbillies

Sausage Making 101

Greg got a sausage maker for Christmas and is now obsessed with making his own sausage. Personally, I prefer just to buy it like a normal person from the grocery store, but no, we have make our own. Who makes their own sausage anyway? Hillbillies. That's who. So there we were on Sunday afternoon making our own sausage. I am mad because I think the whole idea is ridiculous, Greg is on cloud nine, and Jace is screaming in the background. He didn't want the bratwurst getting all the attention. It was quite an experience.

"My own sausage...this is a dream come true!"
"Hmm... I wonder how I can monetize this" (Greg is always trying to make a buck when he can)
"It's either bratwurst or me... you choose!"


We had a wonderful Christmas celebration.  When we returned from California, we quickly came home did only the laundry we had to, and took off again for LaPorte.  We spent Christmas Eve with the entire Tonagel clan and had a great time.  Jace got some great gifts from his friends and family.  He received tons of clothes, books, toys, stuffed animals, and his very first pair of Nike shoes (Greg, of course, is most excited about this particular gift).  





The following day we were able to visit with Greg's high school friend Jeff Ballard and his wife Kristin who had triplets this past August.  They are absolutely adorable and incredibly well behaved.  We took some pictures of Jace and their 3 little ones.  I can't even imagine Jace x 3!  Jeff and Kristin, you are amazing parents!  

Here is Jace with their only girl Abigail.  Don't they make a cute couple?



The most important part of our basketball season is now beginning, conference play.  The next couple months are probably the most busy and stressful months for Greg.  And as for Jace and I, we are planning a trip to Rhode Island to visit my family in February.  That's all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!  

4 comments:

Kathy Tonagel said...

Did you call Papa Hugh a hillbilly?

Erica and Nate said...

Jace is just so cute! I love his big bright eyes! I think we are planning on coming to an IWU game soon so hopefully I get to see him in person!

TreyDiz said...

How come us Tonagel's are always cropped out of the pics?? I'm just saying...Show us some love already!

dianne and bob said...

It comes as no surprise to Bob and me that Greg would want, receive, use and LOVE his sausage maker....
I myself, love all the "other" pictures! (but wouldn't mind samplin' some good ol' sausage.....
Loved the photos of Jace and the Three.....

Hope to see you all soon..... at a game, of course....