Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving festivities!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had this year! We were able to celebrate with my big sis Jill and her boyfriend Darren. We had a really good time just visiting, relaxing, cooking, listening to Christmas music, and of course, eating! Jill loved her time spent with Jace. I think she was surprised at his size... he has doubled his weight since that last time she saw him. Jace loves his Auntie Jill so much! Our first Thanksgiving meal was a huge success! Everything turned out delicious. We prepared all the staples, turkey, stuffing (props to Darren), mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and my mom's delicious cranberry relish (yum yum), We concluded the evening with a tour through Marion's Walkway of Lights--quite a tourist attraction. This is a couple who is used to seeing the New York City skyline and was very impressed by the Marion light display. Good job Marion! Having my sister here reminded me of how thankful I am for our families. We truly are blessed!

He really is a happy baby despite the way he looks in this picture.


My plate before

My plate after (a second helping)

Jill and I went for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner jog. I think we probably burned off a bite or two of the buttery, sugary, but oh-so delicious sweet potatoes.

Jill and Darren enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Jill bought Jace his first camo vest. Greg + Jace in camo = Love

I wanted to show Jill Jace's love for bathing and the struggle it is to clean in between each and every roll--not an easy task.

So that's where you get those dimples!

3 comments:

Auntie Jill said...

We had so much fun!!! And THANKS for posting the picture where I look terrible and you look super cute!

Auntie Jill said...

The "I'm thankful for my family" picture just cracks me up! He looks so mad! Aw, I miss him already!!! My apartment seemed so quiet without Jace's babbling and gurgling noises.

Auntie Jill said...

so...you lied about the poem? holla at your girl