Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our first family outing


Greg wanted to fit in with the other farmers so he wore his favorite flannel shirt.


This was us on the hayride!

Greg, Jace, and I visited a pumpkin patch today. Some of my favorite childhood memories are family outings my parents would take us on. We would usually take a long driving route to wherever we were going (my dad is a big fan of scenic routes) and I wanted to pass the tradition on to my own family. So I thought, when is a better time to start family outings than now? We had a really good time! We bought some pumpkins, mums, went on a hayride, and just enjoyed the beautiful fall day. Even though Jace didn't have a clue to what was going on, we still enjoyed having him along! Fall is such a wonderful time of year!!

7 comments:

amandatonagel said...

Just look at Jace's face in that second pic. He is totally enjoying himself. :)

two_evans said...

we tried to take jaxson to the apple orchard the other day... but ended up spending 3 hrs at the verizon store... your traditions are much more fun than ours so far : ) i love how you keep this blog updated! the pics are so cute.

Aunt LoLo said...

Looks like he slept his way through his first F.O!

Shannon said...

So fun! I'm huge on traditions too! I always try to do things as a family so that Halle will enjoy them, but most of the time, I think it's more for me!!

KStrang said...

Looks like you guys had fun, and how sweet!!!

I hope you stopped at a Bob Evans (or better yet, Staubs) on the way home from the first family outing..Long live the tradition/Jamieson family outings!!!xoxo

Betsy Spoor said...

He looks so great! Sorry I couldn't make it to the baby shower. Hopefully I will be able to see everyone at Thanksgiving (he will be so big by then!) Keep the pictures coming!
Betsy

ryan and chelsee jones said...

looks like you had a blast! I'm also really big on traditions! :)