Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Ball Game!

Wednesday, Greg surprised me with a date night--just the two of us! We had a really good time. We went shopping and out to a nice dinner. We left the little booger behind with his Uncle Troy and Aunt Megan. We missed him a lot. Somehow the conversation always got back to him and how much we loved him. A couple of times I turned to the back seat thinking he was there. I am so used to having him along, I was almost surprised when he was not there. Although I didn't particularly like being away from him, we still had a really great time. Thanks Greg for being such a great husband (and dad)!

I had coffee with a friend from church who is a social worker for Marion schools. She told me some sad stories about parental neglect and the need these children have. Many children come to school without being properly clothed. Kids show up for school not wearing socks, underwear, belts with their pants falling down, coats, and some show up without wearing any shoes! Children come to school and haven't bathed or brushed their teeth in weeks! There is such a huge need in our very own community to help. Our small group is stepping up and gathering goods for the elementary schools. I am so excited!

Today, we had our first ball game and we won! Jace did awesome. He behaves so well when we take him to the gym. We think he likes all the noise. We were very proud of our guys (our other 13 sons) for how well they played today. It is fun to get the season underway (remind me that I feel this way when March rolls around and the season seems like it will never end). Jace was loved on by all the mommy's at the game--he is definitely not starving for love (or food--have you seen how chubby he is?).

Check out how fast our boy is growing and changing. I love is droopy cheeks and big smiles!









5 comments:

ryan and chelsee jones said...

It was so fun to be at the game on Saturday...yay for the big win!! :) Jace did so well and is seriously growing up so fast...he's super cute with the chubby cheeks! Gotta love that little guy!! :)

Kathy Tonagel said...

Greg and Amy
Dad and I had a great 2 days with you and little Jace...I can't believe we didn't get a picture of us with the baby. Next time!

GO WILDCATS

Aunt LoLo said...

Of course he looks like me.. look at those cheeks! awwwwwwww, Jace! I get to meet you in 4 days! FINALLY!!!

amandatonagel said...

adorable pics. He is getting big!

Auntie Jill said...

he's a butter-ball...he's a butter-ball tur-KEY! haha, remember that?