Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our little honey(dew)!




Check out where our precious little baby will be sleeping! Thanks to such generous grandma's we were able to get some really nice things for the nursery. My mom contributed the glider and Greg's mom bought us our crib. Having the nursery ready is just one small thing adding to our excitement of becoming parents. I just passed the 35 week mark yesterday--I can't believe it! My body is starting to prepare for birthing this baby. I have been experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions pretty regularly for a couple of days now--a little scary! He/she continues to move a lot. As baby grows bigger and kicks get stronger, I am getting more and more uncomfortable. Sleep is routinely interrupted(but I better get used to that) and being on my feet all day is starting to wear on me a little bit. Other than these typical pregnancy battles, I really am doing great. The baby is now about 18 inches long and weighs about 5 1/4 pounds. He/she is about the size of a honeydew melon. My last doctor's appt. went well and she will be seeing me weekly from here on out.
Greg returns home from the Dominican Republic on Tuesday. He reported in today that he and his team were doing awesome and he was so proud of his guys. They are doing construction to help build a church there and putting on a camp for kids. He said he felt challenged by the guys on his team because they were working so hard, he could hardly keep up! When he returns we will be heading to Newport, RI for my sister's wedding. After that, bring on the baby!

Psalm 22:10 From my mother's womb you have been my God.

4 comments:

jill said...

It looks like everything is ready to go! Now you just have to make it through the wedding and it will be Honeydew time. You have no idea how excited I am to meet my first niece/nephew!!!

ryan and chelsee jones said...

Amy - I love the nursery! It's so cute, and I can't wait to meet your little one...the baby will be here before you know it! :) See you soon!

dianne and bob said...

I am so excited for you - hope the traveling goes well and you can get home, catch your breath and birth that baby!

Shannon said...

I love it! I'm coming at the end of Sep I think to visit, so I better see baby then! Praying for you!