Tuesday, August 19, 2008

36 1/2 weeks

I saw the doctor today for my 36 week check-up. The baby had a heart rate of 130 beats per minute and measured in at 39 centimeters. She warned me that this little baby is not so little. The doc guessed that the baby weighed approximately 7 1/2 pounds. Everything is looking good and my body is doing what it is supposed to be doing at this point. My cervix is effaced 50% now. I have been feeling well, but have been experiencing some serious Braxton Hicks. Sometimes I find myself not being able to even take a step because of the sharp pains. They aren't consistent, but I have them just about everyday. We are getting so anxious to meet our little one.

Greg and I returned from Newport, RI last night. We really had a blast visiting with family and seeing old friends. The wedding was a success(even after all the glitches that you can expect from a wedding). Lauren and Ben are now married and honeymooning in St. Thomas. She was a beautiful bride and we feel blessed to have such a wonderful addition to our family in Ben. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was a nice vacation to have before our family starts to expand and things really get crazy!

1 comment:

jill said...

One extra-large Tater Taco to go please! :)