Monday, July 28, 2008

Baby Shower




My very sweet girlfriends threw me a baby shower this past Saturday. I was so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and kindness towards our growing family. I could barely hold back the tears of joy! It was a perfect day! The menu was delicious and the games were a blast. Everyone designed their own, personal onesie for Baby Tonagel and I got to pick my 2 favorites! We received a bassinet, stroller, monitor, changing pad, blankets, books, clothes, toys, diapers, bath tub and supplies, and much more! I am finally feeling prepared for the baby's arrival. The nursery is really coming together well and all the major purchases have been made! Phew...

The baby continues to grow bigger at a steady rate. My last doctor's apt. was great! The baby had a heart rate of 130 and my uterus measured 34 centimeters which is slightly on the large side, but still normal. He/she weighs in at about 4 1/2 pounds and approximately 17 inches long.

We have a busy August ahead of us! Greg is heading to the Dominican Republic with his basketball team and days later, we will be heading to Rhode Island for my sisters wedding. The weeks are flying by and before we know it, I will be full term! Greg and I are getting really anxious to meet our child!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so cute! You look great Amy!!! I'm so glad you got some more stuff! I hope you don't get too lonely while Greg's away! But I know Tiff will keep you company. Hugs to you!

Kathy Tonagel said...

Where's the bare belly picture?

ryan and chelsee jones said...

Amy - you are so cute! This was the first time I've gotten to read the blog and see updates. It sounds like the shower was so much fun and you got a lot of great gifts! We miss you guys, but we'll see you soon! :)