Tuesday, April 1, 2008

16 Weeks




Greg and I visited the doctor today for a routine check-up. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat at 150 beats per minute. I continue to feel good and healthy and our doctor said everything looks good! My sleep is interrupted every night by a trip to the bathroom, but I figure God is just preparing me for motherhood. Our lemon is now about the size of an avocado. The baby is about 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and weighs a whopping 3 1/2 ounces. During the next three weeks, the baby will go through a tremendous growth spurt (mommy too) nearly doubling in weight and length. I am really looking forward to feeling the baby move in the coming weeks. I am suddenly having my first pregnancy craving--guacamole!

8 comments:

ashlibowen said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for both of you. Your greatest joys and memories of life are ahead. Being parents is the hardest and yet most rewarding job you could ever imagine experiencing! We wish you a continued healthy and enjoyable pregnancy. Keep us posted. We can't wait to see your new addition. (Personally, I think it is a little girl :-) - Ashli)
Many hugs!
Ashli, Matt, McKenzi and Addison

jill said...

awww! you're still so tiny! you and greg should come visit nyc while you still can!

JLoMein said...

your little avocado doesnt want you eating any guacamole...

Darren said...

Cannibal!

Kendall said...

You are the cutest little pregnant lady!!! I am so excited for you-starting your family!!! XOXOXO Keep me posted because next time I will see you the little bundle will be here (I hope!!??) At laurens wedding
Love Kendall

dianne and bob said...

thanks so much for keeping us posted on the progress from shrimp to _______

If it is a girl, better get her enrolled at Tennessee while Pat Summit is still coaching!

Good job on establishing the "read to Baby" habit... you are parenting already...

Enjoy.
dianne and bob

Shannon said...

You just wait, that baby will be huge before you know it!

jill said...

what's kickin? just wanted to let you know that uncle darren has voted at least twice for "it's a boy" so the results may be skewed! p.s. update your blog more!